Re: RFS: eclipse-eclox (new package)

On 2013-06-19 08:37, Graham Inggs wrote:
> Dear Java packagers
>
> I'm looking for someone to review and sponsor the following package, please:
>
> * Package name : eclipse-eclox
>   Version : 0.8.0
>   Upstream Author : Guillaume Brocker <gbrocker@gna.org>
> * License : GPL-2+
>   Description :  simple doxygen frontend plug-in for Eclipse
> It aims to provide a slim and sleek integration of the code
> documentation process into eclipse by providing a high-level graphical
> user interface over doxygen.
>
> I realize eclox is no longer under development, but it is fully functional
> and relatively bug-free.
>
> The package source can be accessed via git:
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/eclipse-eclox.git
>
> I would be happy to change the maintainer of the package and move the git
> repository to pkg-java if it meets your standards.
>
> Regards
> Graham

Hi,

Thanks for the request.  Unfortunately, I suspect we have an issue with
the license.

It is my understanding that the GPL (license of eclipse-eclox) is not
compatiable with the EPL (license of eclipse).  Unless there are a
special exception allowing us to link the two together, I don't think we
are permitted to distribute eclipse-eclox.

~Niels