Re: Frustration with trying to build Debian packages from Maven-based sources

Le 22/03/2013 00:16, Hilko Bengen a écrit :

> How is the changelog and the copyright file generated?

They aren't. The changelog could be generated from the changes.xml file
in the project though. Not sure a copyright file could be generated
reliably.

> How is the version number for the .deb generated?

The version number is derived from the version declared in the POM. A
snapshot version (1.0-SNAPSHOT) is turned into a version containing a
timestamp (1.0~20130322120132).

> Frankly, I see most of the opportunity in improvements of mh_make and
> mh_* tools. If mh_make can be made to leverage some of the work that has
> gone into jdeb, that would be great.

I see that some parts of the mh_* tools are written in Java, I might be
able to help in those areas. But for the bash parts I'm not skilled
enough to do something useful.

Emmanuel Bourg