Fwd: [JIRA] Resolved: (MSV-3) Unify licenses to a free one
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Fwd: [JIRA] Resolved: (MSV-3) Unify licenses to a free one
- From: Arnaud Vandyck <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 16:32:54 +0100
- Message-id: <5107EBA6.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <27566366.8700.1359470453394.JavaMail.email@example.com>
- References: <27566366.8700.1359470453394.JavaMail.firstname.lastname@example.org>
I'm not a DD no more but if someone interrested in dom4j, maybe this
-------- Message original --------
Sujet: [JIRA] Resolved: (MSV-3) Unify licenses to a free one
Date : Tue, 29 Jan 2013 14:40:53 +0000 (GMT+00:00)
De : Martin Grebac (JIRA) <email@example.com>
Pour : firstname.lastname@example.org
Martin Grebac resolved MSV-3.
Assignee: Martin Grebac (was: kohsuke)
will unify to BSD
Unify licenses to a free one
Issue Type: Improvement
Affects Versions: current
Environment: Operating System: All
Assignee: Martin Grebac
Fix For: current
I'd like to package all the msv components for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution
to be able to package Dom4J.
Our main preoccupation in Debian is Free Software. With the actual licenses of
the components of msv, the licenses are not free so I'll have problem to
distribute it (and if I read the Sun's license correctly, I can't re-distribute!).
Is it possible to change the license of all the msv components to a free one so
it'll be possible to package them in the Debian GNU/Linux distribution. Apache2
license is free but you can choose any license you want if it's known to be a
free license (BSD, GPL, ...).
Many thanks for your time and help,
Arnaud Vandyck for Debian.
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira