Re: Revised RFS: jenkins 1.409.3-1 (new)

Hi Damien

On 16/12/11 23:46, Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
> some Windows files (unsure it's okay for main archive)
> war/images/hudson-logo.vsd
> war/src/main/webapp/images/TangoProject-License.url

OK; not required for the build or runtime so will drop.

> war/src/main/webapp/favicon.ico

I don't think that this file is technically a windows file; it can be
edited and is used by most web browsers by default for bookmarks etc.

> Java Keystore ? (maybe generated from something else ?)
> dummy.keystore

Not required - will drop.

> war/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/update-center-rootCAs/hudson-community

This certificate (well its parent in fact) is used by Jenkins centrally
to sign updates/plugins etc that are published to the jenkins update
centers; I think this should be retained as it ensures that the Jenkins
web application trusts signed content Jenkins upstream (which is
important as we will never package all 400 plugins...).

> RTF file (maybe ok for main archive, I'm unsure)
> osx/docs/JenkinsWelcomePanel.rtf

I'll drop the entire osx directory as is superfluous to requirements.

> Zip files (should be dropped)
> test/src/main/resources/*.zip
> test/src/main/resources/plugins/tasks.hpi
> test/src/test/resources/hudson/maven/*.zip
> test/src/test/resources/hudson/tasks/junit/*t.zip
> test/src/test/resources/hudson/tasks/test/*.zip
> test/src/test/resources/hudson/ClassicPluginStrategyTest/*.zip
> test/src/test/resources/hudson/security/*.zip
> test/src/test/resources/hudson/tasks/*.zip
> test/src/test/resources/hudson/model/DependencyGraphTest/*.zip
> test/src/test/resources/hudson/model/JobTest/*.zip
>
> Sample svn repository (maybe generated from something else ?)
> test/src/main/preset-data/svn-repo/

The test project contains the integration tests for Jenkins; I think
that is unlikely that we will ever be able to execute this in full
without dropping most of the content for DFSG compliance and completely
devaluing the effort; I would proposed that we drop test/* from the
upstream archive.

If you are happy with my proposed approach I'll re-package the upstream
tarball with a +dfsg and push to the git repository.

Thanks for reviewing.

Cheers

James

--