Re: RFS: pleiades - Japanese Language package for Eclipse using Dynamic AOP

On Sun Mar 21 21:17, Niels Thykier wrote:
> It would be nice if it could be installed beneath /usr/share/eclipse/
> rather than /usr/lib/eclipse/ because it is a large arch all package.
>   However it did not work when I tried to move it (even when symlinking
> from /usr/lib/eclipse/). I think it complained because it could not find
> the eclipse.ini file[1].

Policy requires that architecture-independent files are under /usr/share

> As for building, I think you should Build-Depend on default-jdk instead
> of openjdk-6-jdk | gcj-jdk. Then set (and export) JAVA_HOME to
> /usr/lib/jvm/default-java.

In fact, alternates are strictly not supported with build-depends. You must use
a single concrete package in build-depends, which is this case default-jdk is
the correct one.

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson