Re: RFS: java3d-fileloader

> [...]
>>> debian/copyright:
>>> - maybe you should licence your packaging work under same license as
>>> upstream (may help when upstream apply your patches)
>> I think I'll never write patches for this specific upstream (this
>> version has been released 4 years ago) but I'll consider it for other
>> projects.
> [...]
>> Debian Policy section 4.9 refers to get-orig-source target as optional
>> and debian/watch too. I think there will never be new releases but for
>> other projects it's useful.
>
> Never say never in FOSS community :)
s/think/hope :)

> Regarding "optional" items of Debian Policy, I consider them important so you
> may want to add them if you want me to sponsor your package.
get-orig-source target and debian/watch added as requested.
There are no tags in CVS repository and sources are only available as
jarfile.
Optional? They've never been optional :)

> By the way, before uploading your package also take into account that you
> don't have any upstream on this to help you. You'll have to deal alone with
> all bugs reports you'll got (with some mentors help of course :).
> It's not an easy work, especially for a new Debian Maintainer. I do not want
> to scare you, but I want to ensure your long term commitment
I'm ready. For my point of view, this is only one of the sweethome3d
dependencies and it seems to be one of the easiest to package. Maybe it
will become dependency of other packages? We will see.

>> You're the only one who answered me so may I consider you as a candidate
>> sponsor? ;)
> Yep :)
Thanks.

Cheers,