Re: Difference between Ubuntu and Debian Java packages

Vincent Fourmond wrote:
>   Hello,
>
> Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
>> The Java team takes care of a lot of packages (428)[3] and it's hard to
>> keep track of all packages. It becomes harder when you also need to
>> track the changes in other distros.
>>
>> A simple thing to do is to look for changes in Ubuntu and try to
>> minimize the difference between the two distros by backporting these
>> changes.
>>
>> This afternoon, I made a quick script[1][4] to see the difference.
>
>   I don't mean to diminish the work you did, but most of these are
> obvious on
>
> http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=pkg-java-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org
>
>   when you choose to display Ubuntu in the display configuration: the
> packages with a version in Ubuntu greater than in Debian show up as
> purple in the Ubuntu column.

True. But looking for changes in a set of '76 changed packages' is much
more easy than looking in a list of 428 packages. That's why I've made
the script. Furthermore,  It lists directly the changes and you don't
have to click on each of them to know what's happening.

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي
http://dogguy.org/