Re: RFS: java3d-fileloader

Le vendredi 27 novembre 2009 19:50:09, Gabriele Giacone a écrit :
> Hi Damien,

Hi Gabriele,

[You should use debian-java list for Java packaging request and mentoring as
pkg-java-maintainers on alioth is much like a read only list for uploads]

> Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
> > - Maybe join pkg-java team [1] and commit your packaging in SVN
> > repository (or at least any VCS software)
>
> I already am in pkg-java team and now you can see it in a git repository
> [1]. Do you prefer svn?

It doesn't matters for me.

[...]
> > debian/copyright:
> > - maybe you should licence your packaging work under same license as
> > upstream (may help when upstream apply your patches)
>
> I think I'll never write patches for this specific upstream (this
> version has been released 4 years ago) but I'll consider it for other
> projects.
[...]
> Debian Policy section 4.9 refers to get-orig-source target as optional
> and debian/watch too. I think there will never be new releases but for
> other projects it's useful.

Never say never in FOSS community :)

Regarding "optional" items of Debian Policy, I consider them important so you
may want to add them if you want me to sponsor your package.

By the way, before uploading your package also take into account that you
don't have any upstream on this to help you. You'll have to deal alone with
all bugs reports you'll got (with some mentors help of course :).

It's not an easy work, especially for a new Debian Maintainer. I do not want
to scare you, but I want to ensure your long term commitment

> You're the only one who answered me so may I consider you as a candidate
> sponsor? ;)

Yep :)

Damien Raude-Morvan - http://damien.raude-morvan.com/