Re: About source format 3.0

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 7:59 AM, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde@gmail.com> wrote:
> The reason I asked if we should switch as team is because one of the
> conclusions of debconf discussions was that we will be no longer using
> cdbs simple patchsys to make transition to source format 3 easier. [1]

... and we can remove Build-Depends: quilt and 'include
/usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/patchsys-quilt.mk' from debian/rules. [*]

> As to svn-buildpackage, the information provided on the wiki is confusing.

The combination svn-buildpackage + cowbuilder works fine for me. I do
not mind switching to source format 3.0.

Cheers,
Torsten

[*] I am using git-buildpackage's patch queue stuff described at
<https://honk.sigxcpu.org/piki/development/debian_packages_in_git/> to
update debian/patches. That works nicely even with svn.