Re: What is openjdk equivalent of javaws.jar

  Hello,

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:
>>  Sure, but that only works for installed packages, whereas its
>> utility would be much greater if it was based on some index of the
>> jars available in the Debian archive... (for the record, apt-file is a
>> utility that tells you which packages are installing a named file).
>
> Fair enough.  I find the various combinations of dpkg and apt utterly
> baffling, but that's just me!  I know I shouldn't be here really.  :-)

  You spy ;-) !

> Seriously though, that script is *very* useful.  I hope you find it so
> too.

  I never said it wasn't - it's just that it's reasonably easy to come
up with a solution of this kind (probably less complete, though), for
local files than to have something done over the whole archive. I'll
give it a try some day...

  Cheers,

      Vincent