Re: What is openjdk equivalent of javaws.jar

  Hello

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:
> Vincent Fourmond wrote:
>
>> This raises a problem which I've hit quite a few times already: it is
>> a currently pain to find which java package holds which java classes.
>> It would be quite great to have the equivalent of apt-file for java
>> classes ;-)... (and that shouldn't be too difficult to write, actually
>> - I just do not currently have the time).
>
> This should do it.

  Sure, but that only works for installed packages, whereas its
utility would be much greater if it was based on some index of the
jars available in the Debian archive... (for the record, apt-file is a
utility that tells you which packages are installing a named file).

  Cheers,

      Vincent