Re: RFS: libgettext-commons-java

Le mardi 03 novembre 2009 21:51:26, Damien Raude-Morvan a écrit :
> Le mardi 03 novembre 2009 21:02:46, Giovanni Mascellani a écrit :
> > I've packages new upstream release, which is needed to update josm
> > package. Could someone please upload it for me?
> >
> > libgettext-commons-java is an internationalisation Java library, with an
> > interface similar to C gettext.
>
> I'll take care of it.

I've found some issues with your package :

- To build libgettext-commons-java in a clean pbuilder/sbuild, I need to
append "libmaven-plugin-testing-java" to Build-Depends. Without that, I get :
------------------------
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.maven.plugin-testing:maven-plugin-testing-harness:jar:debian

[...]

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:maven-plugin:2.2-
beta-4
        2) org.apache.maven.shared:maven-common-artifact-filters:jar:debian
        3) org.apache.maven.plugin-testing:maven-plugin-testing-
harness:jar:debian
------------------------

- debian/copyright:
"It was downloaded from http://downloads.sourceforge.net/xnap-commons/xnap-
commons-0.9.6-src.zip. The downloaded zip file has been repackaged as GNU
zip'ed tarball without any further modifications.
"
but debian/orig-tar.sh strip some *.jar and *.class files
If debian/orig-tar.sh is unused by debian/watch, maybe you should remove it.

- debian/copyright:
"This package is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
the terms of the LGPL *version 2 of the License*, or (at your option) any
later version.'
but source code
"This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
the terms of the LGPL; either *version 2.1 of the License*, or (at your
option) any later version."

Some various comments (non-blocking) :

- debian/copyright say
Copyright: 2005-2007 Felix Berger, Tammo van Lessen, Steffen Pingel
but source code
 Copyright (C) 2005  Felix Berger
 Copyright (C) 2005  Steffen Pingel
 Copyright (C) 2005  Tammo van Lessen
[no 2007 string in source-code ?]

- debian/copyright
You should use /usr/share/common-licenses/LGPL-2.1 instead of versionless
symlink to /usr/share/common-licenses/LGPL.

- You should append Vcs-* fields in debian/control (may help people providing
patch to your packaging :) :
Vcs-Svn: svn://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-java/trunk/libgettext-commons-java/
Vcs-Browser: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-java/trunk/libgettext-commons-
java/

- debian/dirs seems useless now

You can contact me directly when you have fixed, at least, some of this
issues.

Damien Raude-Morvan

PS: I'm looking forward to see a new JOSM release in Debian. Contact me if you
need help/sponsoring.