Re: RFS : Mina

Matthew Johnson <mjj29@debian.org> writes:

>  - changelog: since it's not been uploaded to Debian yet, can you
>  combine the changelog entries into just one. Pretty much changelog
>  entries should correspond to uploads (and obviously the debian
>  revision will be 1)

Didn't we just have a discussion about this? If the package is
released from the maintainer to someone else, from that point it's
often useful to distinguish between that release and any subsequent
release.

This is simplest to do by incrementing the release number for
subsequent releases, even if some releases documented in the changelog
don't appear in the official Debian repositories.

What is gained by altering the changelog to pretend that releases
never happened? Why is that deemed more valuable than preserving the
actual history of the package and clearly distinguishing separate
releases made by the package maintainer?

--
 \                         Contentsofsignaturemaysettleduringshipping. |
Ben Finney