Re: icedtea status?

Michael Koch writes:
 > On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 10:22:42AM +0100, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
 > > 2008/1/7, Michael Koch <konqueror@gmx.de>:
 > > [...]
 > > > You know that even GCJ is not working on all our platforms?
 > >
 > > Yes I know and for those platforms, I don't see a problem moving the
 > > package to main because there were no alternative before icedtea.
 > >
 > > > Given that fact we have to move *all* Java packages to contrib.
 > > > Thats not really what we want.
 > >
 > > No, I don't want that and that's not what I'm trying to explain ;-)

 > > > I understand, but do we really have other possible ways?
 > >
 > > Not moving packages that work only with icedtea to main at the moment.
 >
 > I agree that we have to take care when moving from contrib to main and
 > that we have problems when some package in main works *only* with
 > icedtea. IMO it is a good policy to file bugs against not working runtimes
 > in this case so people know the problems and can work on them.

OK, but please also post gcj failures to java@gcc.gnu.org.  At least,
thing that don't buld with the latest gcj.  I can't promise we'll fix
everything, of course.

Andrew.

--
Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, UK
Registered in England and Wales No. 3798903