Re: Saxon/Xalan extensions written by Norman Walsh for docbook-xsl

Am Dienstag, den 27.02.2007, 11:20 +0100 schrieb Marcus Better:
> Daniel Leidert wrote:
>
> > Just in SVN. There is no source-tarball.
>
> But I see the sources for the extensions are contained in the docbook-xsl
> tarball (1.72.0), but either they are not in the 1.71 version, or the
> sources have been stripped from the Debian tarball (which would be a
> mistake, only the jars should be removed).

Hm, true. Didn't recognize this. The directory was removed in revision
1.68.1.dfsg.1-0.1. I simply did the same, when I overtook
maintainership.

> In any case the natural solution would be to package the latest docbook-xsl,
> and have it build the Java extensions as well. I can probably help with
> this if you like.

In every case, I would appreciate your help. But if Michael Smith really
offers splitting the source, I would prefer this way and put it into
pkg-java (it's simple - the java guys probably have more knowledge about
Java, saxon and xalan than I have - I have just some basic Java
knowledge).

Regards, Daniel