Re: A Java Packaging Wishlist

On Tuesday May 22 2007, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> > In the meantime Michael Koch provides a binary maven package that
> > can be used for developing these features.
>
> His work couldn't be used for that at the moment because the maven
> binary package will never reach 'main' as is. And we can't relay on
> contrib or non-free package to build all our packages.
>
> Anyway, it's a cool idea.

Assuming that his binary package runs maven as distributed by upstream
and the final debin package will do so as well, which was discussed
as an aim at an earlier stage here as far as I understand it would
actually be feasible to use the binary package for developing these
processes now.

Anyway.. just an idea. Integrating maven will include lots of other
tasks like a debian build system private repository and so on.

manfred
--
Manfred Moser
http://www.mosabuam.com