Re: JDK is GPL now! a package in main requested

Mr. Demeanour wrote:

pietro ferrari wrote:

from lycos news[0] "Sun said it is making nearly all of Java's source
code - excluding small pockets of code that aren't owned by Sun - available under the GNU General Public License." and "All the Java source code is expected to be released by March 2007".

AIUI, all that is becoming GPL as of today is javac and JavaHelp (and
given Sun's record of rather cavalier use of terms like "open source",
I'd be inclined to inspect this particular gift-horse's teeth very
carefully).

The world certainly needs a couple of horse-dentists :D At least you can expect brushed teeth for this job
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/robogeek/archive/2006/11/yup_gpl.html

Java SE (standard edition) comprises a compiler, library, java doc, vm etc., I would speculate. That's what is in the download.

cheers,

Burak Emir

http://lamp.epfl.ch/~emir