Re: Debian-Edu and Java (Was: java.awt.AWTError: Cannot load AWTtoolkit: gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GtkToolkit)

Hi,

> Petter Reinholdtsen writes:
>> The most important feature is java applet support.  Some of the
>> important test cases are listed on
>> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/JavaInDebianEdu>.  Last time I
>> tested, few of them were working properly in Etch with gcjappletviewer.
>> :(
>
> apparently before java-gcj-compat-plugin entered the archive,
> equivalent with the classpath-0.92 release.
Is the security issue which was discussed a while ago (something about
lack of encapsulation of java applets) solved in the mean time?

Thanks, Eric

--
You don't need to CC me on debian-java, debian-mentors and
pkg-java-maintainers.