Re: tomcat5.5: fails to start at boot

the same happens to me. after installing java-gcj-compat-dev tomcat
start up script prints this message:

Starting Tomcat 5 servlet engine using Java from
/usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj: tomcat5.5

but it doesn't start. it writes this to the log:

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /var/lib/tomcat5.5
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/share/tomcat5.5
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /var/lib/tomcat5.5/temp
Using JRE_HOME:       /usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj
Using Security Manager
WARNING: error instantiating 'org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager'
referenced by java.util.logging.manager, class not found

i'll file a bug report later.

thanks for the work with java in debian!

pietro.