Re: priorities for java alternatives

Hi,

> Eric Lavarde - Debian wrote:
>> Speaking of alternatives, it would be nice to have a mean to completely
>> switch from one Java alternative to another. Currently you need to
>> modify
>> more than 10 different alternatives in order to switch from e.g. kaffe
>> Sun's Java or back.
>> I don't know how this could be fixed, but this is cumbersome. Wouldn't
>> it
>> be possible to define only alternatives for java and javac, and
>> everything
>> else would be slave alternatives of the both, depending if they're meant
>> to be Runtime or Development commands?
>
> You are correct.  A solution to this problem has been incorporated into
> java-common 0.25: update-java-alternatives(8)

Thanks for the hint, I've just seen that java-common 0.25 entered testing,
so I should have it soon installed on my laptop.

Else, for all your enhancement points, +1. But you don't need to be DD to
fix them, just do a reportbug and attach a patch ;-)

Eric

--
You don't need to CC me on debian-java, debian-mentors and
pkg-java-maintainers.