Starting tomcat4 with sudo, #248268 adds root check

Hello,

After i upgraded to tomcat4 4.1.30-5, my normal users cannot use
sudo to restart tomcat any more. As I understand, tomcat now needs
root to restart, although my users have not been bitten by this
particular bug[0] before.

So, now I wonder, to avoid spreading root around to the java
developers that are using my server (who only need to restart
tomcat once in a while, when their code has too much
goldplating =) how can I configure sudo? Or is there any other
resonable way to deal with tomcat restarting without giving
overly liberal access to the server configuration?

Fredrik Jonson