Re: kaffe-1.1.1 package available for tests

> Would it not be better to work on getting the free JVMs to the point where
> they can run ant? (or if ant can be adjusted to be more friendly to these
> JVMs)

Sure, but that will take much longer and it's a task at which a random
java package maintainer would be far less effective.  As the jython
maintainer for instance, I know the jython sources far better than the
ant sources or the various free JVM sources.

And thus with a small amount of work I was able to adjust jython to use
Makefiles and as a result jython was able to ship with woody, even
though ant was not.  For the amount of time I have available I claim
this to have been the best decision in this case.

Not to mention the legality of working on free JVMs, since I have in the
past needed to look through Sun's sources.zip to work around their bugs.

Ben.