Re: Sun J2SDK 1.4 installation in debian way

On Sun, 2003-04-20 at 04:34, Ted Bukov wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
>  Since my tries to find a stable debian j2sdk1.4 .debs were unsuccessful,
> I decide to install Sun Java SDK 1.4 .bin (.tgz) file. But I want to
> preserve all Debian dependencies, so how to install it in a debian
> manner, without breaking other packages dependencies.
>  Thanks in advance.
>
> --- Ted Bukov ---
> May the /src be with you.

- Copy the script to /usr/local/ and run it
- Symlink /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.x to /usr/local/java so you can easily switch
between JDK versions.
- For the mozilla plugin make a symlink:
from /usr/local/java/jre/lib/jre/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so
to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/

- Create a dummy package which provides java-compiler, java2-compiler,
java-virtual-machine, java1-runtime, java2-runtime and all dependencies
should be satisfied.

- Make sure java and javac are in your PATH, or use alternatives.

Nicos
--
Nicos Panayides <anarxia@gmx.net>