Swing and other free GUIs (KDE?)

Hi all,

which much interest I have been reading the swing thread the last few days...

I was wondering though... Is Swing the only GUI available? That is, are there
alternatives? There is AWT ofcourse, but I nevered used that, because Swing
looked so much better...

What about the KDE bindings? (Are there Gnome bindings too?) Is there a Debian
package that uses the KDE bindings for Java, and have KDE provide the GUI
stuff? Could that be an alternative to build truely free Debian Java GUI
programs?

Egon