Re: gnujaxp-java-0.0.cvs20030320 available

/ Mark Howard <mh@tildemh.com> wrote:
| Hi,
|
| On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 20:43, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
| > As I told you[1], I have been working on gnujaxp[2] for Debian.
| > As it is my first attempt to package a library (well, it's my
| > first package), can someone look at the package to see if it's
| > correct?
|
| As a start, you have a lot of reading to do. Good places to start
| are nm.debian.org and debian.org/devel/ Essential reads include the
| New Maintainers Guide, Developer's Reference and Debian
| policy. These should tell you where to go from here.

I already read some, I'll go on :-)

| Comments for your package:
| You should be creating a tarball from the cvs files - this is not a
| Debian native package

I thought it was a good idea to keep the cvs and then 'cvs update' but
I'll read the New Maintainer Guide or the policy(?)...

| The comments in debian/rules should be deleted.

OK

| Other than that, everything seems fine.

Thanks

| > (I only have a lintian warning for the symlink in usr/doc)
| You should upgrade your system - a newer debhelper package fixed this a
| long time ago.

I'll check (but I think I am powerpc/testing)

Cheers

-- Arnaud Vandyck - OpenPGP: 0xEEB6B4C2 --
«Les eurodéputés veulent durcir les lois sur les prothèses mammaires.»
(entendu sur France-Info)