Re: Solution for CLASSPATH

On Sat, 2003-04-19 at 09:15, Mark Howard wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-04-19 at 12:40, Nicos Panayides wrote:
> > What do you think?
>
> sounds good
>
> What happens if a class is in multiple jar files? which will be used?

It is arbitrary (the ordering depends on the order java.Files.getFiles()
returns filenames. That is why classes should have a unique name (this
is the case for most packages, if not all) and it has the same effect as
adding everything in the classpath.

> Does this has any performance impact? (i.e. does it take a while to
> search through the jar files).
Well, I didn't notice any slowdown, but unless more testing is made I
can't tell you for sure.

Nicos