Re: GNU Classpath 0.05

> | Classpath aims to be compatible with the 1.2 libraries shipped by
> | Sun.  Currently most of this is implemented, but there are still
> | missing parts.
>
> Are java.awt.* and javax.swing.* implemented?

No, these packages are not complete. You could probably compile programs
against the Classpath AWT code, but not run them. I haven't checked how
close our code matches the java.awt public API.

Swing is not implemented either.

> What about a lib-gnujaxp-java package? If anyone interrested, I can
> contact Nic Ferrier, one of the project admin and try to package
> gnujaxp.

Yeah, this would be cool. Perhaps you could just make modifications to
the classpath deb package to also produce a jaxp .deb?

John Leuner