Re: eclipse on woody

Takashi Okamoto said:
> Eclipse needs xerces 2 but above jar is xerces 1's.
> You don't need set classpath because eclipse include xerces at
> /usr/lib/eclipse/plugins/org.apache.xerces_4.0.7.
>
> Xerces2 in woody is obsolete(2.0.1). You may need sid's 2.2.1.
Well - If this were my problem, would a binary version downloaded
directly to my local account run then or give me the same error?  I do
get a locally downloaded version to run off my home directory without a
SAXParser exception.

Looked into that directory for the binary and have actual jarfiles.
Just for kicks, I moved the soft links in
/usr/lib/eclipse/plugins/org.apache.xerces_4.0.7 and replaced with the
copies from the binary download.  Same error.

I'm not sure this is what's causing me trouble.

The only other thing that I can mention to help is that there is no
java2-common in stable.  When I pulled down and attempted to install the
testing version, it failed because a file exists in both that package in
my Blackdown j2sdk1.3.  I removed it from the Depends on
eclipse-platform to run without it.

Perhaps this is my problem.

Regards,
-john
--
John Lavin <jlavin@wayreth.net> http://www.wayreth.net                  ,''`.
Q: How many marketing people does it take to change a lightbulb? A:    : :' :