Re: Packaging a library, with JNI and javadocs

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 10:00:03AM -0400, Joe Phillips wrote:

> I'm in favor of using the -java for JNI + supporting java classes.
> After all, it's still a Java library - it's just architecture
> dependant.  Instead of using -jni, I vote the package be built
> architecture dependant.  eg.  as opposed to _all.deb it's a _i386.deb.

I second this. It should be put in the Java policy this way.

There has been a discussion about native-compiled Java code using
gcj on this list some month ago but no consensus was reached. Maybe
this could be resolved together with the JNI matter now?

Greetings,
Stefan Gybas