Re: Success with IBM JDK 1.3.0 for PPC _WITH_ JIT

 > And this is a problem why?  IMHO, the web is much nicer without java &
 > flash.
Amen.

As satisfying as it may be for us to wallow in our "uphill, both ways, in the snow, img tag the cause of all moral failings" attitudes, it does occur every now and then in my workaday life that I must go and wrest some tidbit of information necessary for a task from some companies all-singing, all-dancing, flash'n'java infested web site. And so I'm reduced to IE running under MOL for such tasks. Burying our heads in the sand in a fit of "not invented here" is not going to make such things go away, it is only going to make us look more and more irrelevant.