Re: SUN java

Charles Ocheret wrote:
chuck@ahab1 100$ java -version
Error: failed /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/jre/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so, because
libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

So basically, there seems to be a dependency on an old version of
libstdc++...
Maybe I'm pointed at the wrong pieces of the woody distribution but
I can't seem to find this old version...

I haven't really looked into it, but I get a similar (probably the same - I'm not at my debian box at the moment) error with Sun's j2sdk1.4. On Mandrake 8.0 it starts but segfaults a variable but generally short time afterwards. Either way, it's not usable. I was going to check and see if they'd fixed it, but obviously not...

Mind, I haven't filed a bug report for it, so I can't really whinge ;c)

--
Geoff Beaumont
Geoff@stormhammer.com