Re: problem installing java related stuff due to japanes man pages

Hein Meling <meling@item.ntnu.no> writes:

> Juergen Kreileder wrote:
>>
>> Robbe <robbe@orcus.priv.at> writes:

>> > If the j2sdk1.3 package generates alternative links to files it
>> > doesn't contain it is buggy. Have you contacted its maintainer?
>>
>> /usr/share/man/ja/man1/javac.j2sdk13.1.gz is in
>> j2sdk1.3_1.3.1-1_i386.deb.
>>
>>         Juergen
>
> Right, but since I have set my locale to english and norwegian,
> there is a clean up script (part of debian) that removes these ja
> man pages; to save disk space.  Maybe the problem is with the clean
> up script, which does not deal well with the /etc/alternatives ??

See http://bugs.debian.org/143701

If localepurge deletes /usr/share/man/ja any further attempt[1] to
make the symlink for the Japanese manpage will fail.  I guess this
will happen each time a package with a javac alternative at lower
priority gets installed (unless you've selected another javac
alternative manually).

        Juergen

--
Juergen Kreileder, Blackdown Java-Linux Team
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux.html