Re: [summary] Re: policy proposition for javadoc installation

On 2001/11/26 18:55
> I agree that if there is a package with so much documentation that
> installing it all might take up too much space.  In that case,
> separate -doc and -javadoc packages would be ok.  But Debian tends
> to discourage "frivilous" package splitting, so this should only be
> done as needed.

One (general Debian) question about package splitting... the one thing that annoys me about splitting doc packages is that I can't simply say "X's doc is at /usr/share/doc/X"; no, it's also at "/usr/share/doc/X-doc" and "/usr/share/doc/X-apidoc" and "/usr/share/doc/X-javadoc". I can't just browse through one single doc directory. I have to type the name of the package several time because tab completion doesn't work well under /usr/share/doc (too many files).

Why can't package X-doc put the documentation under /usr/share/doc/X instead of /usr/share/doc/X-doc?

Regards,
Max