debian-powerpc: how do I run a java app

I'm trying to run a java app.  How do install and use java ?
It looks like there are different java runtime environemnts I can use (eg. kaffe, gcj, etc). I don't anything about them or how to use them. Which is the best and easiest to use with Debian ? ie. what can I "apt-get install" and get it to work out of the box ? Do I need to setup environment variables ???

Someone recommended the blackdown java stuff but it looks like there is only and Intel debian version. There are ppc versions but I can't find a debian distro for it so I can use apt-get.

Please help me install Java.
Thanks,
Brendan Simon.