Re: STOP INCLUDING EXTERNAL JARS IN YOUR JAVA PACKAGES!

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 12:29:44AM -0800, Kevin A. Burton wrote:
> Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> writes:
> >
> > It already is an issue.
> > Look for mail.jar and activation.jar.  Those are SCSL from sun.
> > Bad mojo.
>
> ouch.. this needs to be corrected ASAP!

Although I do not know the status of these libraries the GNU ClasspathX
project <http://www.gnu.org/software/classpathx/> is working on free
versions of these apis.

The activation Framework can be found at:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/classpathx/jaf.html>

The mail api seems to be only available from CVS through Savannah:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/classpathx/mail/>

Cheers,

Mark

--