Re: policy proposition for javadoc installation

burton@openprivacy.org (Kevin A. Burton) writes:

> Robert Bihlmeyer <robbe@orcus.priv.at> writes:
> > Um, why would I want to distinguish api documentation from "other"
> > documentation? For libraries the former is the most important information
> > there is ...
>
> Because most people won't care about API documentation.  If I want to download
> and use KOffice I obviously don't care about API documentation.

Granted. But these people don't want it installed in some unknown
place, they don't want it installed at all. So put it in a -dev or
-doc package.

I fully expect docs in HTML format to end up somewhere below
/usr/share/doc where my http server can serve it. Regardless of topic.

--
Robbe