Re: Summary of the id?as.

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 01:06:54AM -0600, Adam Heath wrote:
> Also, it may be beneficial for java-common to register .jar/.war/.ear
> files with /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc, and provide a wrapper script for
> running these. This could keep each binary package from having to have
> its own wrapper script, in addition to improving the usability of java
> in debian.

binfmt-support was written with this in mind. I never uploaded the Java
wrapper part of it because the way Java works got ahead of me, but it
should still be done. Somebody please poke me until I fix the
shortcoming mentioned in bug #89386, then java-common can use it.

> > Checking the jvm:
> >
> > There must be some mechanism to check which jvm that are
> > currently running. And a easy way to select a good jvm. To
> > me it seems that we should add a option to the java-wrapper
> > to allow this, or?
>
> java --flavor
>
> I did not choose -version, as some jvms already have that.  --flavor has a
> a high probability of not currently being used.

Confusing interaction with UK spelling. --variant?
--simple-version-string?