Re: Packages that require Java 2 ?

Hi Egon,

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Egon Willighagen wrote:

> On Friday 07 September 2001 19:26, Egon Willighagen wrote:
> > > 	Perhaps we should wait a few days to see if any others have
> > > 	comments/thoughts they would like to add, as I'm more than interested
> > > 	in hearing any other proposals, comments, etc.
> >
> > Yes, that sounds like a good idea... i have been reading this discussion,
> > and packaged Jmol for Debian as a non-maintainer (with comments from some
> > Debian people) i recognize the problem as Jmol needs J2 as well...
> >
> > I totally agree with your plans to change the policy to include a
> > java2-virtual-machine concept...
>
> Forgot to say... maybe you can start a new email thread with a title like
> "PROPOSAL: Java policy change: java2-virtual-machine"
> or
> "RFC: Java policy change: java2-virtual-machine"

	Thanks for your comments. Much appreciated.

	Yes, I'm going to write up a little proposal that's readable for
	everyone that hasn't followed the discussion in detail and send it in
	middle of next week or so with a title like you suggested. Then we can
	all thrash it out and turn it into something useful! :-)

	Thanks again. :-)

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&: