Re: OT: Acroynyms [was Re: JBoss]

Mark Bucciarelli <mark@easymailings.com> writes:

> On Wednesday 05 December 2001 06:17 pm, Adam Heath wrote:
>
> > I've filed an ITP, and will probably be uploading in 2 weeks, at the
>
> > Fortunately, I almost have the nmu diff done, and will be sending that
> > to the bts soon.
>
> Greetings, all.  I've been lurking on this list for about a month and
> following Debian news closely over the same period.  I have a small
> opensource project, written in Java, and I would like toc reate debs for
> it.
>
> One thing I have found challenging is the number of acronyms debian folks
> use, both on this list and in news releases.

  These lists don't use very many acronyms at all. The companies I've
  worked for and the military use a baffling array of acronyms. I'd
  bet you could find answers to your questions by some choice Google
  searches, or by reading the documents in http://www.debian.org/devel/.

> ITP

  Intent to Publish?

> RC

  Release Candidate

> BTS

  Bug Tracking System

Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and mh-e. Vote Libertarian!