Re: #982175 task-japanese-desktop: should explicitly prefer mozc over anthy

Hi,

On Mon, 2021-02-22 at 15:36 +0900, Hideki Yamane wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 17:46:03 +0100
> Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org> wrote:
> > What do Japanese people think about this?
> > Would you support prefering mozc over anthy?
>
>  Anthy: upstream is almost dead, its quality as IME is worse than
> mozc
>  Mozc: upstream is closed community it seems, its quality as IME is
> good
>
>  As I am Japanese user, I prefer mozc.

I personally like anthy for me since it doesn't contain almost black-
box trained data in it (basically hand-tuned).

I also know some people are serious skk fun.

But I think for general public entry point choice, mozc is most
rational choice.

Osamu