Re: apt-listbugs 0.1.9: Please translate the package apt-listbugs

Hi,

> According to
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_mono/gettext.html#Plural-forms
> it seems that Japanese has no distinction between singular and plural
> form.
> The correct Plural-Forms should therefore be:
>
>   "Plural-Forms: nplurals=1; plural=0;\n"
>
> However, do I understand correctly that, if I add this Plural-Forms
> line to the ja.po file, only msgstr[0] translations will be selected
> (and msgstr[1] will never be used)?

Because of "plural=0" configuration, msgstr[0] is used and msgstr[1]
never be used.

> If this is indeed the case, maybe the following translations
>

> #. TRANSLATORS: %{plist} is a comma-separated list of %{npkgs} packages to be pinned or put on hold.
> #: lib/apt-listbugs/logic.rb:451
> msgid ""
> "The following package will be pinned or on hold:\n"
> " %{plist}\n"
> "Are you sure?"
> msgid_plural ""
> "The following %{npkgs} packages will be pinned or on hold:\n"
> " %{plist}\n"
> "Are you sure?"
> msgstr[0] ""
> "以下のパッケージがピン止め、または保留されます:\n"
> " %{plist}\n"
> "よろしいですか "
> msgstr[1] ""
> "以下の %{npkgs} 個のパッケージがピン止め、または保留されます:\n"
> " %{plist}\n"
> "よろしいですか "
>
> [...]
>
> #. TRANSLATORS: %{nbugs} is the number of bugs found for package %{packg}.
> #: lib/apt-listbugs/logic.rb:579
> msgid "%{packg}(%{nbugs} bug)"
> msgid_plural "%{packg}(%{nbugs} bugs)"
> msgstr[0] "%{packg}(%{nbugs} 個)"
> msgstr[1] "%{packg}(%{nbugs} 個)"
>

> should be changed to
>

> #. TRANSLATORS: %{plist} is a comma-separated list of %{npkgs} packages to be pinned or put on hold.
> #: lib/apt-listbugs/logic.rb:451
> msgid ""
> "The following package will be pinned or on hold:\n"
> " %{plist}\n"
> "Are you sure?"
> msgid_plural ""
> "The following %{npkgs} packages will be pinned or on hold:\n"
> " %{plist}\n"
> "Are you sure?"
> msgstr[0] ""
> "以下の %{npkgs} 個のパッケージがピン止め、または保留されます:\n"
> " %{plist}\n"
> "よろしいですか "
>
> [...]
>
> #. TRANSLATORS: %{nbugs} is the number of bugs found for package %{packg}.
> #: lib/apt-listbugs/logic.rb:579
> msgid "%{packg}(%{nbugs} bug)"
> msgid_plural "%{packg}(%{nbugs} bugs)"
> msgstr[0] "%{packg}(%{nbugs} 個)"
>

> Do you agree?

I think msgstr[1] should be removed from ja.po. "nplurals=1" define
allocated msgstr array size and the size is limited to 1. So, contents
of msgstr[1] is not allocated on memory.

After I removed those msgstr[1] definitions, I checked ja.po by
following command.

$ msgfmt --statistics -c -v -o /dev/null ja.po

It didn't show up any errors or warnings.

Regards,
AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke
--
AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke <i38w7i3@yahoo.co.jp>