Re: low spec machines

On 23 févr. 07, at 18:43, PREM, Setu wrote:

On 2/23/07, Jean-Christophe Helary <fusion@mx6.tiki.ne.jp> wrote:
> Xfce is already packaged as "xfce4". It seems be enough localized.

I heard there were a few nasty bugs in the SCIM/KDE interaction
processes.

What is the best (less buggy) input system for use with Xfce ?
Considering that in the systems I will be installing people will
mostly use OpenOffice, a mail system (or most probably Yahoo mail
through the web) and a file manager ?

I am using [Etch SCIM/XFCE on 128MB RAM note-PC] or [Etch SCIM/ GNOME] for Japanese input without problem. OpenOffice, Firefox (for web mail: gmail), File maneger work fine in both environments.

Thank you for your comment. I'll try a configuration with SCIM on Xfce.

Jean-Christophe