Re: Japanese romaji input on a French keyboard

On Sat Aug 26 at 23:46 (+0200), Aurélien GÉRÔME wrote:
> So far, I have tried uim, but it is not a very concluding
> experience. Only gedit seems to work with uim, but I do not want
> to use gedit. What I would like is to get the same behaviour in vim
> under a gnome-terminal. Is there anyway to do that?

Should work just fine in all gtk2 apps. How did you do it in gedit?
Through the "select input method" entry in the contextual menu?

And you might want to give scim and anthy a look. That's the combination
I use here (with gtk2-immodule for scim, to better integrate with gnome)
and they're quite nice to use.

HTH,
Thomas "mercen" PARIS

--