Re: Which input method do you recommend?

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 12:59:36AM +0000, Daniel Palmer wrote :
> uim with anthy works fine for me. I did use scim because there was a nicer
> looking QT based (I use KDE) toolbar for it but it breaks a lot of apps, for
> example scim and kopete don't get along very well.

Thanks for the answer.

I installed uim, anthy, and uim-anthy, and modified my .xsession as
follows:

charles@sorbet:~$ cat .xsession
GTK_IM_MODULE=uim ; export GTK_IM_MODULE
QT_IM_MODULE=uim ; export QT_IM_MODULE
uim-xim &
XMODIFIERS=@im=uim ; export XMODIFIERS

With this, I manage to input japanese in a gnome-terminal. But how do I
enable the japanese input in non-gnome applications? Do I have to
install kinput for them?

Best,

--
Charles