Re: Which input method do you recommend?

Am Montag, den 16.01.2006, 00:59 +0000 schrieb Daniel Palmer:
> uim with anthy works fine for me. I did use scim because there was a nicer
> looking QT based (I use KDE) toolbar for it but it breaks a lot of apps, for
> example scim and kopete don't get along very well.

This is true for me too. Using scim together with glGo (a program which
helps me to play IGO in the internet) breaks down the system (segment
fault). It seems, that the gtk2-immodule part is the problem. By the
way, the same happens with uim/anthy. Here too the gtk module seems to
be the problem.

I am running ubuntu, but this OS is based on Debian.

Ulrich