Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 13:26:32 +0900
From: Yukiharu Yabuki <yabuki@netfort.gr.jp>
To: submit@bugs.debian.org
Cc: debian-japanese@debian.org
Subject: language-env: Wishlist : GTK_IM_MODULE=uim-anthy

Package: language-env
Version: 0.57
Severity: wishlist

Hello, Debian folks,

This is a proposal for language-env.
My co-worker use uim,anthy with lanuage-env.

He said that it is great input japanese software.
But, If language-env sets 'export GTK_IM_MODULE=uim-anthy'
in .xsession , I will be happly.
Because GTK_IM_MODULE sets default Input Method for GTK2.
When I use GTK2 application(Mozilla* etc), I have to choose
input method. That's in-convenient point.

Conclusion
Please add "GTK_IM_MODULE=uim-anthy; export "GTK_IM_MODULE" in .xsession.

Regards
Yukiharu.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 3.1
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Kernel: Linux 2.6.5-1-686
Locale: LANG=ja_JP.eucJP, LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.eucJP

Versions of packages language-env depends on:
ii  debconf                     1.4.30       Debian configuration management sy
ii  locales                     2.3.2.ds1-15 GNU C Library: National Language (
ii  perl                        5.8.4-2      Larry Wall's Practical Extraction

--
Yukiharu Yabuki (矢吹幸治)                      I use Debian GNU/Linux