How to depend on Japanese fonts?

Hi.  I have a question in relation to #216440 (kiten requires Japanese
fonts):

Is there a simple or recommended way of making a package depend on
Japanese fonts?

The only solutions I can see are to either:

1) pick a couple of decent fonts and include them in the depends list;
2) pick a couple of decent fonts and include them in the recommends or
suggests list;
3) make a list of all Japanese fonts (separated by | ).

Option (1) seems bad because it forces a choice of font that the user
might not want (bear in mind that Japanese font packages can be quite
large).  Option (3) seems bad because it's ugly and difficult to keep
up-to-date.  And of course option (2) seems bad because the hard
dependency is lost.

Any suggestions?

Ben.