Re: Multibyte enablation of debconf

Hi,

From: Julien Portalier <julien@portalier.com>
Subject: Re: Multibyte enablation of debconf
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:58:14 +0200

> i did tried your debconf patch and everything looks fine with packages
> with unicode support (eg: debconf). some packages (eg: setserial) have
> debconf templates that do not work with unicode...)

debconf doesn't support encoding conversion of templates which don't
use po-debconf, at least so far.  I think such packages are encouraged
to be modified to use po-debconf.  However, I also think it is open to
discussion whether debconf should support encoding conversion of non-
po-debconf templates.

> i tried Japanese and French languages under gnmoe-terminal with terminal
> resizing with no wrapping bugs.

Thank you.  Now I released a newer version with drastic change in
internal implementation.  Could you please test with the new version?

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/