Re: Multibyte enablation of debconf

Le Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:03:45 +0900 (JST)
Tomohiro KUBOTA <debian@tmail.plala.or.jp> a écrit:

> So far debconf has some problems handling multibyte character
> encodings such as UTF-8, EUC-JP, EUC-KR, GB2312, and Big5.
> Thus, I wrote a patch to enable it.  I would like my patch be
> tested by peoples who use many 8bit/multibyte characters
> before I will ask this patch adopted by debconf.
>
> Detailed explanation and analysis, screenshots, the patch,
> and patched package of debconf are available at:
> http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/mojibake/debconf

i did tried your debconf patch and everything looks fine with packages
with unicode support (eg: debconf). some packages (eg: setserial) have
debconf templates that do not work with unicode...)

i tried Japanese and French languages under gnmoe-terminal with terminal
resizing with no wrapping bugs.

Julien