how about a virtual package for Japanese Printing Support (the continuing JP Printing saga...)

Aha.. so indeed I was not the only one having trouble with printing... I
guess I can scratch the rabid crack smoking off the list of possible
solutions... :)

I'm not sure how they are implemented or admistered but could someone
perhaps take on a virtual package that will provide all the necessaries
for Japanese printing? Sounds like there were several people offering to
help--perhaps someone can offer advise on how to get this rolling.

Ultimately, I'd like to be able to apt-get install printsupport-jp or
something like that. Probably not a bad idea for languages in general if
there are issues with other languages?

Feel free to forward to devel?

best regards,